Colour in charts

I was wondering if it could be possible for user to assign colour to data when creating charts? I use multiple charts for same data on one dashboard and being able to assign same colour to same data would make it easier to read it.

4 Likes

Hi @Maria - As of now, there isn’t a way to assign specific colors to data points for charts within Phocas.
We have however just mentioned to our development team that this is a feature that will benefit many users and they are considering adding this feature in our next major version release.

2 Likes

Thanks for your suggestion Maria. We’ve actually got a feature coming up that might help. In the next minor release (7.5), chart colours will be consistent across dashboards. For example, if the ‘north’ region appears on multiple widgets/charts on your dashboard, it will be the same colour on all of these widgets/charts.

So although this feature won’t allow you to assign a specific colour to data, we hope that it will make dashboards easier to read.

3 Likes

Thank you @Tim.Leonard, that would be perfect!

I’ve had another scenario where a customer was trying to display Yes/No values and report on them in Pie charts.

What we were seeing was the colours were assigned based on the item with the most number of records - blue being first, red being second etc.

Ideally, for any “Yes” values, they’d like those to appear as a certain colour and for any “No” values, they’d like those to be in a different colour. For example, Green and Red respectively.

As administrators, if we were able to map certain values and colours, then have the system use these when rendering any reports across the system, that would be handy. For any unmapped colours, the default colour scheme would kick-in as usual.

I also would like to see the ability to map values to colors. We do this in Excel and Power BI and it makes charts and graphs far more readable and meaningful, especially when used in many different reports or many dashboards.