Introduction to PUG

Hello @bjm1002 - Welcome to PUG. We had been asking for this for a long time - and its here!

HI, Iā€™m Adrian and Iā€™m an alcohā€¦ Sorry Wrong forum :slight_smile:
We are a long established UK company but a newish UK based Phocas implementation, so still quite green. Already found a couple of tips and tricks very useful, so thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Welcome to PUG @LaidlawGuru glad to have you here. Not sure if we will be giving out participation chips like the other forumā€¦ but here is a gift for joining :gift:

Look forward to having you participate in the discussion.

1 Like

Kia ora,
My name is Toby Te Rupe, have recently started up with Phocas and bring with me knowledge from various areas of IT from Software Development to Customer Support.

Looking forward to the next chapter in my life with Phocas.

My role is Australia Customer Support Lead working with a great bunch of people. I bring to this role acquired knowledge about change management, release management all geared towards customer service improvement.

Looking forward to working with our customers and improving our support channels.
Toby

3 Likes

Hello All, I am Rob Howard. I have been introduced to Phocas in the last 6 months, but really only started to dive into using it in the last 2 months. I am very green, and have very basic functionality using this great product, but am very keen to learn and expand my knowledge base.

Fore warning here guys, I am going to be asking for plenty of advice.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

2 Likes

Welcome! We like curious types and look forward to hearing how you use Phocas!

Hi Iā€™m Will Marriott and Iā€™m the Software Development Manager here at Phocas. Iā€™m looking forward to discussing the product and features, taking on board user feedback, and helping out with product questions where I can.

1 Like

Hi Everyone, I am Pat Southwell the Cost Accountant (with a bit of systems background) at PWB Anchor in Melbourne, Australia. We only had our user training last week so the system is all very new to me. Our MD had used Phocas in another company and insisted we introduce it. From what Iā€™ve seen so far of the system, great leadership on his part.
I look forward to our exchange of ideas, tips & tricks.

1 Like

Another Ozzie, welcome to PUG Pat! :smile:

Hello Everyone,
My name is Gary. I am the IT Director for Wittichen Supply Company, a privately held HVAC Wholesale Distributor located in Birmingham, Alabama, and Iā€™m here in hopes of learning more about Phocas, contributing to the community, and interacting with other Phocas users.

I have 22 Years of Wholesale Distribution experience, 17 years of which has been focused solely on Information Technology.

In December of 2017, Wittichen went live on the Epicor Eclipse ERP system. Prior to Eclipse, my role with the company was primarily the development, programming and administration of a custom in-house ERP and POS system. During that time, I worked with every aspect of the company to gather requirements, build, maintain, debug, deploy and support custom software written in Visual Studio using C#, .Net, and VB, running on Microsoftā€™s stack (IIS, SQL, WinForms, MVC, etc.). This included a proprietary pricing algorithm, a mobile app for outside salesmen, credit and collection tools, and various other custom applications to streamline and simply Wittichenā€™s operations. I was also responsible for all reporting, so I have a lot of experience with MS Access Reports, SQL Reports, PowerBI, etc.

The transition to Eclipse, after 20+ years on a custom, in-house solution running on SQL, with access to modify all the source code and data, has been personally challenging, to say the least. But Iā€™m marching forward and eager to learn and conquer new challenges. Phocas is going to be huge for us because the canned reports in Eclipse are very difficult to work with outside of Eclipse, not to mention I loathe working in e-Term.

We just recently started on our journey with Phocas. We are not yet live. @divya.orr, our Technical Implementation Consultant, has been fantastic, and although we are just getting started, we have already worked through a few unique scenarios, and I can tell I am going to love Phocas. Back to my SQL and relational database roots!

3 Likes

Thank you, @GJGerson! I am very excited to get you started with Phocas, and so glad you are loving it already.

Welcome @GJGerson - thank you for joining the group! I look forward to working with you on your Phocas journey. I am an old school Eclipse person (as are many other users here) so if you have question donā€™t hesitate to ask. Welcome!

Great to see you here Pat - A warm welcome to you.

Thanks, Divya and Tom. Hope you guys have a nice 4th of July!

1 Like

Hi. Iā€™m Mike Hills - General Manager for Phocas UK. Iā€™ve been with Phocas for 12 days! Iā€™ve loved every minute so far and canā€™t wait to hear from members of the forum - especially if there is anything I can do to support our UK customers. Please donā€™t hesitate to get in touch!

7 Likes

Hello. We are in the process of rolling out Phocas to our end users. I look forward to learning from the community members.

3 Likes

Hello, my name is Jason Bradshaw and I am an Customer Success Consultant - Account Manager here in the UK. I have been at Phocas for just over 2 months now and very much enjoying my new role.
I previously worked at an ERP Partner of ours, MAM Software, who provide Business Management software in the Automotive Aftermarket in the UK and US. I have ran into a few of my old customers already and look forward to getting to know many new customers within new industries.
Feel free to @ me in anything you feel I can help you with.

Thanks all!

2 Likes

Hello, Iā€™m Randy. Weā€™re on Epicor E10 and new Phocas. Looking forward to meeting others here and get working with this new tool.

2 Likes

Welsome @Sukhbir.Rai!

Hello everyone,
I am a fairly new Implementations Consultant with Phocas. Prior to this I worked as an Epicor Administrator where we were an EDA customer. I enjoyed the Phocas product so much that I wanted to work for them. Iā€™ve worked in manufacturing and distribution for 12 or so years and I look forward to helping people understand their data and using it to help grow their business.

1 Like