KPI Arrows rather than smileys

Hi,
One thing I think would be a great addition to Phocas is KPI’s with arrows. Currently we have:

• Smileys
  • Traffic lights

Outr business works alot with trending data and arrows are pretty important, these are much clearer and more professional than smiley faces.
Here is what I propose:

Would this be possible in a future release?

Thanks,

Jon

7 Likes

Great suggestion!

Hi Jon

One way to do this would be to use emoji’s as a prefix or suffix.

I use https://emojipedia.org which allows you to copy and paste the emoji.

Admittedly these wont be dynamic and change if a target value has been hit but helps visualising if the value is good or bad.

I hope this helps.

Hi @stewart.wood

Yeah, thanks. I saw this solution on another forum post. Good to know you can place icons in Phocas.
Unfortunately, these need to be dynamic. I am not sure what value adding a static emoji would be for KPIs.
Thanks.

Thanks again Jon for another great suggestion! Actually we’re currently investigating a few options around conditional formatting, which include arrows very similar to the ones you’ve suggested. Nothing is confirmed yet, or on the road map, but we’re on the right track…

2 Likes

Thanks to @will.marriott & @Tim.Leonard,

With the new release 8.0.2 we now have KPI arrows and Emojis. This is excellent! This post can be treated as solved

Regards,

Jon

1 Like

Really pleased that we were able to take another one of your suggestions and implement it in the product @JonKemp! It is a small but worthwhile improvement :+1: :tada: :champagne: