Is there a workaround so that I can basically run both a Period Variance and Stream Variance in the same report?

Hi all,

I have a report showing contracted sales compared with invoiced sales, which is running with a mode of Stream Variance. Is there a way to view this in a YTD / Year on Year variance without actually changing the mode to Period Variance (and effectively losing the Stream Variance view)?

If I am understanding the request correctly, it sounds like its something you may have to build in the custom mode.

Darn. That’s what I thought. Thanks for replying Shane

Are you talking about the “Period Stream” option that allows you to see the same view as the Period Variance but swap the “Previous” for another Stream?

If instead you want to see both streams as they are this year vs last year then yes it’s Custom but you’ll probably want Totals only as it would get to be a quite big table otherwise if you have every month too.

My advice would be to start with the Stream view with the two streams you want to compare and a YTD variance then go into Custom and manually add the prior year by cloning the columns and changing the date range. Finally add the Variance calculation and you’re done.

1 Like

Yep, this is a good suggestion, if you can get your report close to what you need before entering Custom mode most of the work is done for you and you just need to tweak it slightly. :+1: