Tables in Sync Changes , how to find databases associated

We’ve been working with Epicor to make changes to the baseline sync tables. The modified a table (buyers) that we need to now know what databases that table is in. How do we find that info?

It’s in the Purchasing table. One of my pet peeves is that there is no out of the box sync script documentation. It’s basically up to you to read the SQL.

I’m actually looking to see how i find what databases we have that table in. We’ve done a lot of changes in the baseline product.

It will be great to have visibility of where data elements come from and where they are used. This is called “data lineage” in generic terms.
@will.ferguson and I talked briefly about it at the recent user conference. Is it on the road map yet Will?

1 Like

Just to clarify. “find databases Associated”
I understand you want to know which sync items are in use in various Phocas/EDA databases

It’s a great question. I am not aware of a feature within the product that “lights up” that information for us.

Working backwards though - from Dbdesigner I can manually navigate around and see the sync source name “pop up” when I hover over a mapped object. This is helpfull…

It would be more usefull i think to have a graphical indication of the Items in use in DbDesigner
As well as an easily generated report which offers some insight here.

So while there is no feature currently I do hear the suggestion - I submited a feature request for this some time ago. Our Product manager is awre of this request - More voices will help. Do contact your account managers and let them know

OK meanwhile - I have a manual technical way this may be achieved. Grab a chair and hold on.

1 open a phocas database in Dbdesigner
2 select the “Versions” Tab
3 select “view” on the latest succesful build
4 copy the JSON
5 paste that into your favorite JSON viewer - mine is http://jsonviewer.stack.hu/
6 Format it
7 navigate through the nodes to discover the source sync Item
8 Consider becomming a plug in developer to automate and format a report :slight_smile:

ok that is the long way around - There may be others that have something more to offer.

Kind regards
Will Ferguson

1 Like

Hi Will,
Thanks for the update.
I cannot see the View button on the database history screen. Is this a permission issue, or am I missing something?
Regards, Michael

Ok that might be a restriction i was not aware of
I’ll do this for you now so you can look at the json yourself