Hiding 'Code' Property in a Nested Grid

We have reports that we like to be able to share with customers, and for the dual purpose of keeping our segmentation identifiers private as well as keeping the report nice and trim, it would be nice to be able to hide the ‘Code’ property on a Nested Grid.

For some reason when a Nested Grid is selected, the option to uncheck the ‘Code’ Property becomes grayed out.

Does anyone know of a work-around such that I can hide the ‘Code’ property in a Nested Grid?

If not, is this something that can be considered as a product improvement?

2 Likes

Hi @dphelmken,
Other than creating a new dimension for example instead of sales rep code, sales rep name, there is no way of performing this at the moment. I have raised this already here: Nesting mode - removal of code.

If it is the same issue please can you like the post so it gains more traction with the Phocas development team.

Regards,

Jon

1 Like

It’s only when you enter Nested Grid that the code property becomes grayed out. I get that the code is required as a key in order to perform the joins tying the data sets together, but why is that information necessary to be displayed?

This is starting to cause issues with regards to being able to send reporting out via automation to outside clients.

On one hand, I can subscribe to the report, and forward it to my clients with all the data they need. However, they will also then receive our internal product and segment codes.

On the other hand, I cannot create automated reporting for these clients and it requires that I first receive the report, manipulate it in excel every time it needs to be sent, save it, and then e-mail the ‘redacted’ copy to the client.

The client needs their data either way, and the current Phocas method of forcing the internal codes onto potentially outward facing reports is problematic.

Here’s hoping this can be addressed, as neither thread I’ve seen from power users has been acknowledged.

1 Like