Multifactor Authentication

I’d like to see multi-factor authentication implemented as an option for Phocas logins. Even though our data is read-only, the saved favorites, dashboards, etc. are modifiable. At the very least, it should be require for users with admin permissions.

We will be updating our password policy for Phocas logins but it would be nice to have the option of MFA.

Thanks!
Austin

8 Likes

Agree. It’s not only the saved favorites and dashboards, the data in Phocas are confidential and need to be protected by the extra layer of security provided by Multifactor authentication.

2 Likes

How is this not already available in 2022 with the current cyber security environment???

1 Like

As a fairly new Phocas user I was shocked to see there’s no MFA. It looks like it’s been requested for a while. It would be great to have an update on the status of this

Just adding another user here to wonder why MFA isn’t enabled yet. MFA is configured to join the user group, but not in the actual application? This needs to get moved up on the priority list.

1 Like

Just wanted to add my voice here too. Really wish Phocas would get something implemented here. We have a bit of a workaround for now. We’re using a SAML provider for logins, and this SAML provider uses MFA. We set the users’ Phocas password to a ramdom password. If I had a way to disable the “local” login for users, and force use of the SAML provider, this would work for me.

Ironically, It’s been a while since I’ve posted on here. I was forced to setup MFA on my PUG login so I could login and post about lack of support for MFA in Phocas.

1 Like