Phocus API Documentation

Hi Phocus Team,

Can I get my hands on the Phocus API documentation? We’re looking to build other systems onto the Phocus CRM and BI tool and our developers need to get their hands onto the API docs.

Cheers

2 Likes

+1 on this.

We too have a requirement for API’s, but was led to believe a couple of weeks ago API’s didn’t exist yet? We require the ability to extract specific data out our rebates analysis database for GL posting in source ERP system.
Thanks,
Jon

Hi @angeicecream. We currently don’t have any public APIs that can be used. There is quite a bit of interest and we’re looking at including this on our roadmap. Can you tell me what use cases you would like to achieve using an API? Can you work with a simple REST API?

@JonKemp you can currently export rebate calculation results in CSV or XLSX format directly from rebates. I would preference that (if we made that available in an API) as it’s using the source of truth, rather than going via a Phocas database. I’ll add this use case to the product suggestion.

HI @will.marriott,

Thanks, just to add a bit more meat on the bone for a use case of APIs:

We want to get to an automated rebates methodology in the business. I completely agree the rebates module is the source of truth. The reason we are looking at an API from the Rebates Analysis DB (standard Phocas Database for those not in the rebates world) is because we can eliminate any rebate journals that have already been added into the GL since last rebates posting.

So its cyclic, I.e.
ERP Financials > Rebates > Rebates Analysis (create journals comparing ERP financials to Rebates) > API automation to extract from Rebates Analysis> Post Journals into ERP > Go to beginning.

The current solution for posting of rebates is posting to either to the Phocas Sales DB or Phocas Financial statements, keeping it within the walls of Phocas. Unfortunately, we are required to post ERP financials to our parent company which do not use Phocas, therefore we need a automated solution to go back to source.

An API is an important step to allow considerable flexibility in the Phocas product for automation purposes. Using current CSV exports and subscriptions is not going to allow us to automatically post journals into our ERP system. An API would.

Thanks,

Jon

Hi @JonKemp, thanks for providing more information. Some questions:

1. Does your rebates calculation and analysis database build happen daily?
  2. Would your posting of journals happen monthly? Quarterly?
  3. Can you easily get the journal information from Phocas? That is a favourite which has everything needed by the ERP.

@angeicecream are you able to provide any further information on your use cases?

Hi @will.marriott, thanks for helping fleshing this out.

1. Does your rebates calculation and analysis database build happen daily?
Yes - Daily for Rebates calcs, hourly for rebates analysis DB (reviewing unposted)
2. Would your posting of journals happen monthly? Quarterly?
Monthly.
3. Can you easily get the journal information from Phocas? That is a favourite which has everything needed by the ERP.
We are going to construct a string based on the Rebates Project, Agreement Number, customer,brand & date, this should defined uniqueness, this is the basis of the journal, it is then constructed as a journal (where we need the API to extract these values) and automatically entered into the ERP GL. Financial statements loads daily and will contain the journals that have been posted. Therefore when the Rebates Analysis DB is loaded it will have a feed to join the “posted rebates” to the actual posted in the Financial Statements feed.

Thanks,

Jon

Hi Phocas team,

Has this been developed? If so, where can we access API documentation?

Thank you!