Where did Comments Go?

Maybe I’m missing something in this new navigation (I was out for a while and returned to a new Phocas interface :slight_smile: ), but where did the Comments go on a saved Favorite? I think they used to be under the “star” menu, but I don’t see that option under the drop-down menu now. Am I just missing it?:

Update: Apparently this is indeed something I missed while I was out for a while. I was notified that Comments no longer exist. I’ll leave the same feedback here I gave to my customer success consultant:

I really liked the functionality of being able to save multiple comments with different queries, so that I could easily create multiple “views” of a Favorite without having to save it in multiple separate Favorites. It was especially useful for some harder-to-use Favorites that I shared with other users, so they had easy access to various ways of looking at the information all in one spot.

I feel like there should still be some kind of function within Favorites that mimics that capability to save multiple “views” within a single Favorite. It makes it easy for end-users to look at info on complicated Favorites in one spot, and it certainly cut down on the number of Favorites I actually had to create and manage. I don’t care much about there actually being a “comment” feature for collaboration purposes – really just the ability to save multiple query views.

1 Like

Hi Tim

Thanks so much for the feedback. Comments served us well and there are no near term plans to bring in a direct replacement right now.

Any future work is likely to be based on the ‘notes’ functionality in the Phocas B&F product and feedback like this helps us understand where this could fall in our priority order so I will also keep an eye on this post.

Thanks again
Hamish
Phocas Product Manager - Analytics

3 Likes