Dashboard: Bugs and Performance Issues with Google Chrome

Hello everyone,

Ever since the new release of Phocas (8.0.10). I’ve been experiencing a significant response delay whenever I try to click and focus in my dashboards. Furthermore, there’s also an issue with the Bullet chart where we’re missing some visual aspects.

I am using Google Chrome Version 80.0.3987.116 (Official Build) (64-bit) and I was wondering if I’m the only one having this problem. The bugs and performance issues only affect Google Chrome as I tested this on Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox and there was no issue.

Thank you!

2 Likes

@David.Ch,

Yes! Had tickets coming in on our Phocas Implementation regarding bullet charts. I found opening in IE worked but Chrome just showed the box as per your image. Telling my users to switch to IE as a workaround (which is terrible :frowning: )

Hi @Tim.Leonard is this on Phocas’s radar at all?

1 Like

I’m having the same issues, especially with the bullet graphs. I hope Phocas is on this.

One of my dashboards which has the bullet chart at the top and then a whole bunch of line graphs using stream to compare actuals to budget has been horrendous since the last update, it is literally a click and walk away dashboard now as it locks up my whole Chrome.

Even after taking an eternity to load the bullet chart appears as yours does above. Hoping they are going to fix it in the near future.

I’m also steadily getting more requests from users that are having Bullet graph problems. IE and Edge display them but they also don’t show mapping correctly, so our sales team is switching between browsers atm.

Fingers crossed for a fix soon!

Looks like the latest update on the weekend didn’t address this issue :interrobang:

Any news guys? I am now instructing our users to switch to Microsoft Internet Explorer/Edge (pre-Chromimum) as thats reasonably responsive (cannot believe I am saying that!). Only issue I have found is maps dont work:

1 Like

Any progress with this issue or has anyone found a workaround?
I am having the same issue in both IE and Chrome

This is sad and embarrassing. Looks like the 8.0.12 update over the weekend still hasn’t fixed this.

Hi @Riasat,

I have raised this via account manager this morning, performance seems to be better but with regard dashboard rendering as @Jordon brought up with Bullet charts the issue remains. I will also add that I have been facing rendering issues with combo charts not showing all the information presented for some time (happens on all browsers not just Chrome):

Above is the same chart but on different date ranges to show Q1,Q2,Q3 & Q4. As you can see Q2 is missing some of the lines. If I refresh the dashboard:

Notice how now the exact same charts are rendering (Q3 rendered on first load but now is missing the lines). These are using 3 streams to produce, 2 lines are forecast stream and budget stream which go missing, the 3rd line is “(previous)” stream which does display in all cases.

So its very hit and miss, we have senior management looking at these charts and its a guessing game if the chart will render correctly. If you click analyse on any of the failing charts they render correctly when opened in a new tab, something in the dashboard is not letting the widget render correctly.

This may not be exactly the same issue as the bullet chart, but equally a persistant problem. Please can this be looked at?

Reagrds,

Jon

Great news, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

And just to confirm, the bullet-charts now works nicely again in Chrome!
Thanks for taking care of it.

1 Like