Debtor-Days by Customer

I’m working on Debtor Days in Phocas and currently have a view that works fine overall but due to floors in the standard measure I obviously get weird numbers if I view that by Customer, Sales Team etc.

Does anyone have a workaround or any other way they monitor payment performance on a granular level?

Main issues are new customers who have a high level (sometimes 100% if brand new) of their turnover still outstanding, customers that have not spent in the period but still have a balance (maybe if they paid it wouldn’t be a problem!!)

Hi Stuart,

Is this a debtors database? We might be interested in a solution for our accounts receivable and I am trying to understand what benefits it could have for our business.

Cheers,

Shane

It’s not a Debtors Database, we opted not to go for that yet as all I really needed was a simply calculation. However, it really depends on what you need.

I know Phocas offer a dedicated Debtor Database and I’m sure if you have multiple Credit Controllers or a large ledger it would be invaluable.

I’m working with a much simpler ledger but the ability to subscribe to reports to give me a snapshot each day of how my team are doing along with a breakdown of who is overdue is very useful to me.

As far as the calc, i’m using the standard Debtors/Rolling 12 Months Sales x 365

I’m exploring ideas though - one of which is a dynamic date range for the turnover per customer - this is quite complex though so i’m not sure on how feasible it is. Example if a customer has only traded for 7 days, has spent £100 and has 100% outstanding his calc would £100 / £100 x 7 = 7 days, a customer who has traded for 18 months, spends £1000 per month but has an invoice outstaning from say 13 months ago as well as the latest two months would show debtor days of £3000 / £13000 x 395 = 91 days, finally a customer who has an invoice outstanding for £1000 from 13 months ago but has not spent since would have debtor days of £1000 / £1000 * 395 = 395 days.

It’s still not perfect but would give a better view by customer.