Divisional Financial Statement

Hi,
I am new here, so I apologize in advance if someone previously asked this.

My GL Account has sub account, based on division. Ex. 4000-10 is sales for 1 division and 4000-20 is for another.
This is happening virtually all the income statement accounts.

In ERP, we can run the divisional financial statement, filtering by the sub account. So I can have the divisional financial statement filtered by 10, 20, etc.
But I can generate only one division at the time.

Is there a way to show all the division horizontally in one screen (10, 20, 30… and total)?
Theoretically speaking, this should be possible, but I just cannot figure this out.

Your help is deeply appreciated.

Thank you.

HI @yioriya ,
Front end
One of the fantastic elements of financial statements is the ability to perform matrix mode to sub divide the P&L on any dimension you wish.

Simply click on your “division” dimension, select all the rows (or select the divisions if you are breaking the P&L up into region reports). Click on “Matrix”, then click back onto “Summary”, you should now have the P&L reporting on divisions at a column level rather than the whole.

Alternativley you can use the nesting mode to sub divide the P&L by showing the divisions on row groups (least prefered in my opinion, but very good if you wanted to split the P&L by your products/brands).
Back End (Dynamic nature of your division codes)
Typically a P&L should maintain consistancy across multiple entities, its sounds like yours does not. What I would reccomend is you create a mapping table (in Excel or SQL) to Label the divisions to a standard logical grouping. With this in place you can then always be confident that the data is being allocated to the correct regional (division) location.

The sudeo logic would be something like this:
CASE Company
WHEN ‘US’ then
Case WHEN Division = ‘20’ then ‘Division 1’ END
Case WHEN Division = ‘10’ then ‘Division 2’ END
WHEN ‘UK’ Then

END

I would not reccomend this to be added to an expression in the DB designer (as this would most likley be massive) , I would get this stored perminatnly on the flat file then load this as part of your overnight sync loads. This will then be used to perform the mapping discussed in the “front end” section of this post.

Hope this helps provide you a creative way of producing what you are after.

The bottom line is if your base data is not in a globally defined structure, trying to fix this in Phocas only will become a major headache over time (espcially if you are going to have ad-hoc and multiple dashboards), I would reccomend that you address this at the source then upload a mapping table that you can maintain externally. I.e. adjust one file which will fix all reports.

Regards,

Jon

1 Like

Fantastic!!!

Thank you!!