Bullet chart fit to axis issue

Hi,

I have found that the bullet charts when having an extreme difference in value can cause the information to not appear on the widget like this:

Please can you make bullet charts have a bit of room at the top to allow the complete view of the percentages (fit to axis). If there are any workarounds in the interim I would welcome them as this is impacting our month end reporting process.

Thanks,

Jon

1 Like

Hi @JonKemp. This issue has been logged and we’re currently scheduling a fix. There are a couple of issues with bullet charts which we plan to resolve together.

2 Likes

I have noticed a number of issues with bullet charts and have had a ticket outstanding for a little while now, am eagerly awaiting a fix on this. :smiley:

1 Like

Happy to report the latest update has made bullet charts a lot better, but has broken a few other things I have support looking into now.

I especially like the changes to the gauge widget too, they are nice! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Has there been any update on this please. we still have some chronic bullet issues. Here are the examples:

When will this be fixed?
Thanks,

Jon

Hi @JonKemp,

I was told a while back that the rendering for dashboards is currently working off the widget in the top left hand corner, so if you put the widget that requires the most rendering in the top left hand corner it should help with all of your widgets and maybe resolve this issue. :crossed_fingers:

Thanks,

Shane

Further to the above, a couple of screenshots to prove it;

Same widget, one set to show total, put the bigger one in the top left and it all works;

Then move the total to top left and the second widget doesn’t build properly;

Hope this helps you @JonKemp :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @ShaneAngel,

Thank you for sharing this workaround, really appreciate it. Unfortunately, our dashboards do not (and cannot have) the bullet charts at the top left. Our dashboard has a lot of bullets to graphically show next to the variance grid. This does need fixing as its not a valid solution in its current form. @will.marriott - Any news on a permanent fix on the rendering issue?

Thanks,

Jon

I’m pretty sure I know the answer to this question, but, would you mind if the charts didn’t have the box affect? Like below.

Hi @will.marriott,

By “Box Effect”, if you mean the “bricks” within the grey (previous values), then sure, I don’t mind the formatting to adjust if it resolves the issue. I also like that the percentages are placed directly above the current value, makes it much easier to read.

Sorry to be a sour puss over this, but they are one of the best widgets for end users to visually see variance and we have them a lot all over dashboards and if the above worked regardless of placement on the dashboard this would most definitely be a win for us. Hopefully all other users would feel the same way.

Kind Regards,

Jon

Not overly fussed I guess (function over form) however technically the bricks are bullets in a magazine and hence the name.