Represent records with each other

Good day,

I would like to create an overview of a customer showing me the number of pieces per month from two years with the difference.

The overview is very bad.

(Picture - created in Excel)

How do I get only one column for each month?
For the year 2018 a line
For the year 2019 one line
For the calculation (difference) one line

Is that possible? or is my approach not good?

What I have done in Phocas so far, unfortunately these are always columns and not rows

(Image)
greeting Mücke

The only way I can think of you could come close to what you’re wanting (in rows instead of columns) would be to create a new dimensions in your database for “Year”. This would get you close, but you still wouldn’t get the “difference” row. You’re most likely going to need to work with columns instead.

Hi @Muecke,
What you are asking for seems very similar to the Summary view of a database.
It’s a shame for you it’s the opposite way round - i.e. Columns = Years (Current and Previous), and Rows = Months, but it does show the variance difference, exactly as you asked.

Also, if you went into your sales database and selected the Customer dimension and selected any one customer (or some if you wish), then go back to the summary page, it shows the summary for those customers.

Phocas doesn’t seem to have a way of switching around (or as Excel calls transposing) the rows and columns on that summary page. Also a shame we can’t turn off the Cumulative column if we wished to: Maybe they are some things we could ask for in the “Product Suggestions” forum section?

The Summary page is sometimes overlooked, but could be very useful when used in the context you are asking for.

Warm regards,
Richard

@aaron.roma, I feared that before. Too bad you can’t. I also don’t desert how you could represent the technical.

@richj, My English is not so good, unfortunately. I have a couple asking about your answer.

What do you mean by that :

Blockquote @richj
What you are asking for seems very similar to the Summary view of a database.
It’s a shame for you it’s the opposite way round - i.e. Columns = Years (Current and Previous), and Rows = Months, but it does show the variance difference, exactly as you asked.

That’s really good, thanks for the tip, I didn’t keep an eye on the summary.

Blockquote @richj
Also, if you went into your sales database and selected the Customer dimension and selected any one customer (or some if you wish), then go back to the summary page, it shows the summary for those customers.

How can I adjust the version together? to work?
The mode. Adapting is missing from me

This is a belt idea for the "PUG feedback " do you mean?
I would find this feature very good

Blockquote @richj
Phocas doesn’t seem to have a way of switching around (or as Excel calls transposing) the rows and columns on that summary page. Also a shame we can’t turn off the Cumulative column if we wished to: Maybe they are some things we could ask for in the “Product Suggestions” forum section?

Thank you for your tip, that’s very good. Now I just have to find one way to edit the headings, and delete a few columns.

Blockquote @richj
The Summary page is sometimes overlooked, but could be very useful when used in the context you are asking for.

Warm regards,
Mücke

1 Like